- Dec 18, 2017 -
The mechanical properties of grey cast iron are related to the structure of the matrix and the morphology of the graphite. The graphene in grey cast iron is severely cracked on the substrate, which can easily lead to stress concentration at sharp corners of graphite. The tensile strength, ductility and toughness of grey cast iron are much lower than those of steel. However, the compressive strength is comparable to that of steel, The worst mechanical properties of cast iron. At the same time, the matrix microstructure also has a certain impact on the mechanical properties of grey cast iron. The ferrite matrix of grey cast iron has the features of coarse graphite sheet, lowest strength and hardness, and less application. Graphite sheet of pearlite base grey cast iron is small and has high Strength and hardness, mainly used to make more important castings; ferrite a pearlite matrix gray cast iron graphite sheet slightly larger than pearlite gray cast iron, the performance is not as good as pearlitic grey cast iron. Therefore, the industrial use of pearlite matrix is more gray cast iron.
Grey cast iron has good casting performance, good vibration damping, good wear resistance, good machinability, low notch sensitivity.
- Ductile iron quenching and tempering
- Multi-temperature quenching of duct...
- Surface hardening
- Chemical heat treatment
- Ductile iron
- Casting history
- Casting classification editing
- Casting use
- Advantages of using resin sand cast...
- Precision casting classification
- Aluminum die-casting aluminum alloy...
- Advantages of casting
- Casting process design
- Investment Casting by Alloy Steel
- Casting surface and near surface de...
- Casting defects how to repair castings
- Factors affecting the solidificatio...
- Detection of internal defects in ca...
- Aluminum die-casting surface treatm...
Related Industry Knowledge